We’re looking for an organized and motivated team member who is open to developing ideas for and writing Sundog Lit posts!
Our new blog editor would help to keep our contest fresh and relevant, especially between issues by planning, soliciting, writing, and editing monthly blog posts including interviews with previous contributors, features of our writers’ work and links to more of their writing, discussions with editors, and other things they’re excited about. The primary goal is to support and promote our beloved contributors, past and present. The editor would also play a role in developing our Twitter presence, creating an engaging, cohesive tone that cements our position in the literary community.
Examples of previous posts can be found here.
- Experience with WordPress
- Planning and organization skills
- Effective, open, and prompt communication
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate and meet deadlines
- Commitment to antiracism and inclusion
- Some experience in the literary publishing world as a reader or editor would be nice, but not necessary
A few notes on our work and aesthetic:
- Sundog is a highly collaborative effort and whoever we bring on board will become a full and valued member of our team.
- As always, we are passionate about contributing to a literary culture that continually evaluates what barriers prevent any author, including and especially writers of color and LGBTQ+ writers, from joining the community and works to remove those barriers.
This is an unpaid position, as are all positions at Sundog Lit.
If you are interested, submit a letter of interest, including your experience in the field, and any relevant work you’d like us to see, with “Blog Editor” in the title, to Sundoglit@gmail.com.
The application deadline is July 1.